Billing and Collections Specialist
MGA Homecare specializes in providing private duty nursing, personal care services, and therapy to the medically complex population. We deliver high-quality care in the home and community-based setting, the setting which is the lowest cost to the payers. We aim to be the employer of choice and the partner of choice to referral sources, state government agencies, and health plans. We currently provide care in Arizona, Colorado, Texas, North Carolina, Washington, and Tennesee with a plan to grow into new states and markets.
We are growing and have an immediate opening for a Healthcare Recruiter to join our new Memphis Team! This position is located on-site at our Memphis office and eligible for working remotely. Please note, this is not an HR role. This position sits on our Sales Operations Team. In this role, you'll have the rewarding responsibility of finding qualified healthcare professionals to place in the homes of families with medically fragile children.
This position reports directly to VP of Revenue Cycle and is responsible for billing, collecting, posting, and managing account payments for the organization by submitting claims and following up with insurance companies
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft invoice batches for each location and review for any missing or incorrect information.
- Run weekly bill holds reports for locations and intake teams as this report highlights accounts with missing authorization, pending chart approvals, etc.
- Responsible for daily/weekly billing.
- Transmit or submit invoices as required by each payor.
- Review clearing house website daily/weekly to ensure all submitted claims are being processed.
- Recognize and analyze billing and collections problems.
- Correspond with insurance companies regarding the status, resubmission, and appeal of claims.
- Ensure timely insurance appeals for denied or underpaid claims with submission of all necessary documentation.
- Work weekly aging reports
- Assist with intake authorizations as needed
- Communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Appropriately perform all other duties assigned by Finance Manager or VP of Revenue Cycle.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
- General knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Experience billing Medicaid and commercial payers preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel
- Able to perform with extensive phone work and computer multitasking
- Strong attention to detail and goal oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Maintain strict confidentiality, adhering to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
Benefits are available to eligible employees on the first of the month after 30 days of employment and include:
- Weekly pay starting at $18-$20/hr.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage – Available 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 Company Paid Holidays
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident, Hospital, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Discounted Legal Care Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.