Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)
MGA Homecare has been providing Private Duty Nursing, Skilled Nursing Visits, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Therapy services within the home and community-based setting for over a decade. In 2022 MGA has opened its doors to MGA Behavior Therapy which offers Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and early behavior intervention for pediatric patients with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities within the Colorado Springs and surrounding areas.
We aim to help our patients and their families by delivering high-quality clinical care in the comfort of their homes. Our goal is to make the lives of our patients and their families easier by demonstrating compassion and integrity at the heart of everything we do. By bringing individualized attention and support throughout every home. MGA Homecare is proudly serving the states of Arizona, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, and are here to be a resource for patients and their families.
Under limited supervision, the licensed practical/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN) is responsible for the delivery of patient care to assigned patients utilizing the nursing processes of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, and any standards, policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations that govern any facility the LPN/LVN is working at.
- Adult Patient 1-1 Care
- Provides skilled nursing as ordered on the plan of treatment and nursing care plan.
- Each shift of visit reflects the provision of skilled nursing care rendered in accordance with physician’s orders.
- New problems, changes, and/or resolution or problems are identified and followed through as follows:
- Director/Supervisor notification.
- Physician notification to obtain necessary orders for intervention(s) per state regulations.
- Documentation of same on clinical notes, supplemental physical orders and nursing care plan.
- Observe aseptic technique as required.
- Performs specific treatments and medication administration as per care plan.
- Functions as a team member under the direction of the registered nurse.
- Shifts are according to the order on the plan of treatment.
- Skilled observations and significant changes in patient status are communicated to the Director of Clinical Services and/or Clinical Manager.
- Requests for modification of orders or additional orders are made based on the patient’s clinical status and skilled nursing judgment.
- All physician collaboration is documented in medical record.
- Appropriate utilization of all available services is demonstrated and documented.
- Participation in Agency’s other mandated activities as requested by Agency Director such as In-Services.
- MGA policies, procedures and Handbook are adhered to
- All clinical documentation must be completed accurately and submitted timely per agency policy/guidelines.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Holds a valid/unencumbered verification/license to practice the job as described in the state where services are provided.
- Have professional experience as required per state regulations to perform the job as described.
- Reliable transportation.
- Provide copy of current TB results or Chest x-ray.
- Provide copy of current CPR certification as per agency policy.
- Be flexible, organized and have the ability to exercise independent and sound judgment to perform the job duties/responsibilities.
- Ability to regularly, sit, stand, stop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull and reach with hands and arms and other physical activities as deemed necessary buy job duties.
- Vision and Hearing capabilities within normal limits, with or without aid.
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds or more if applicable.
- Ability to perform the anticipated level of physical assist required to provide safe client care. If the anticipated level of assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide, the supervisor ids to be notified immediately.
Benefits are available to eligible employees on the first of the month after 30 days of employment and include:
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA-available if enrolled in high deductible plan)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & LPFSA)
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (DCRA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP-available if enrolled in Health plan)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 1.5 rate if working company holidays
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- 100% Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (if enrolled in Health plan)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness/Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Identity Protection Plan
- Legal Care Plan
- Pet Discount Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At MGA, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in both our organization and the communities we serve. We understand that DEI is crucial to our success as a healthcare company, allowing us to provide personalized care tailored to each patient's unique needs and preferences. Our belief is that everyone, regardless of their background or identity, deserves access to high-quality healthcare services. We respect and value the experiences, perspectives, and identities of all individuals, striving to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve, without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.