Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Behavioral Technician (BT) provides clinical skills-based instruction and behavior reduction protocols based upon the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and related developmental disabilities in the clinic, home, community, and school settings.
We are growing and have an immediate opening for a Registered Behavior Technician to join our Colorado Springs Team.
If you are seeking a rewarding career opportunity with a growing healthcare company that values its employees and patients, then apply now to join the MGA family!
- Work 1:1 with patients in the clinic, home, school, and community settings.
- Consistently implement patient programming with fidelity (under BCBA’s direction) and prepare program materials for each session. Programming may include a wide variety of domains such as functional communication, social skills, and adaptive living skills (e.g., toileting).
- Collect and maintain accurate data and clinical notes utilizing data collection software.
- Review and implement consultation / supervision note recommendations.
- Participate in on-going training, evaluation and meetings as required.
- Assist with caregiver training, and clinical assessments as needed.
- Communicate effectively with BCBA regarding learner’s progress.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues and caregivers as needed.
- Maintain their Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification by tracking supervision hours and renewing their certification as mandated by regulatory body.
- Work with integrity and ethically follow the BACB RBT Ethic Code.
- Understanding and adherence to HIPAA policies, patient confidentiality, and patient dignity.
- Maintain professional boundaries with patients and caregivers.
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma (relevant college degree and coursework preferred)
- Ability to pass a background and reference checks.
- Valid state driver’s license, reliable transportation to and from session locations, clean driving record and car insurance.
- Commitment to become certified as an RBT.
- Experience with individuals with ASD and / or developmental disorders is preferred.
- Desire to work with children.
- Desire to learn new skills.
- Strong technology skills for data collection and entry.
- Professional written and oral communication skills.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Process driven and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Seeks and receives mentorship and feedback.
- Excellent time management skills including the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize appropriately to deliver timely results and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to empathize and communicate with caregivers professionally, with confidence to to achieve goals.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, that are clear, concise, exhibit leadership, professionalism, and empathy.
- Ability to work full-time (30 - 40 hours/week), including some flexibility regarding schedule changes required to accommodate patient and staff needs.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a team from wide ranging backgrounds and perspectives.
- Highly motivated and energetic during work hours.
- Competitive wages ($19-$24/hr)
- Weekly pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage – Available 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- The Following holidays are generally observed and will be paid at 1.5 times the pay rate if worked and unpaid if not worked.
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- 100% Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Accident, Hospital, and Critical Illness Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection Plan
- Discounted Legal Care Plan
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
For more information about career opportunities with MGA Behavior Therapy please visit our website: www.mgabehaviortherapy.com