Registered Nurse (RN) Clinical Case Manager
MGA Homecare has been providing Private Duty Nursing, Skilled Nursing Visits, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Therapy services within the home and community-based setting for over a decade. In 2022 MGA has opened its doors to MGA Behavior Therapy which offers Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and early behavior intervention for pediatric patients with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities within the Colorado Springs and surrounding areas.
We aim to help our patients and their families by delivering high-quality clinical care in the comfort of their homes. Our goal is to make the lives of our patients and their families easier by demonstrating compassion and integrity at the heart of everything we do. By bringing individualized attention and support throughout every home. MGA Homecare is proudly serving the states of Arizona, Colorado, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington, and are here to be a resource for patients and their families.
The RN Case Manager reports directly to Clinical Supervisor and is responsible for care coordination of clinical staff and patient/family clientele. Responsible for admissions and recertification assessments, including supporting documentation, as assigned. This position ensures compliance with MGA policies, State policies and procedures, and policies of accrediting agencies, as well as responsible for maintaining compliance with all reimbursement guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality/HIPPA guidelines. Furthermore, individual will participate in program development, implementation, as well as collaborating with Client Service Managers to acquire/develop new relationships with clientele.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures supervision of all home care personnel, as assigned:
- Enforces/ demonstrates compliance with State/ Federal regulations.
- Ensures effective communication to coordinate the implementation of each patient’s Plan of Care.
- Instruct, train, and re-educate on clinical skills/procedures when necessary.
- Responsible for direct supervision of field LVNs/LPNs/RNs per State guidelines.
- Provides support, guidance, and education to patients/patient families and or caregivers to maintain optimal physical and emotional wellbeing.
- Communicates all occurrences and other pertinent information to the Clinical Supervisor/Director of Clinical Services.
- Ensures any observed or suspected child/adult abuse, neglect, or exploitation is reported to proper authorities as mandated as a health professional.
- Collaborates with Clinical Supervisor and Director of Clinical Services to resolve client/clinical concerns in timely manner.
Office Responsibilities to Ensure and/or Facilitate the following:
- Develops and implements the treatment plan for each patient under the direction of physician.
- Completes all clinical documentation in timely manner, including admissions, recertification’s, resumptions of care, accurately and ensures that documentation meets all requirements per agency policies and State regulations.
- Reviews clinical documentation to ensure it is complete and reflects skilled services to meet payer source requirements for reimbursement.
- Interviews and evaluates potential clinical field staff to ensure competency in order to promote appropriate/safe patient care.
- Complies and participates in the continuing quality improvement by appropriately reporting of incidents, injuries, infection and all components of the risk management program.
- Participates in agency sponsored continuing education in-services and conferences to maintain own clinical competency.
- Supports and executes the mission, ethics, and goals of the company effectively.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook, Employee Agreement, or communicated from executive team.
Clinical Manager Oversight
- Making patient and personnel assignments;
- Coordinating patient care;
- Coordinating referrals;
- Assuring that patient needs are continually assessed; and
- Assuring the development, implementation, and updates of the individualized plan of care.
- Current state license as a Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience in a Home Health or Acute setting preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities with strong supervisory and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, flexible, good organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of cost management for clinical services.
- Current CPR card and Current health certificate as applicable.
- Current state driver’s license and automobile insurance.
The salary range for this position is $60,000-$72,000 annually.
Benefits are available to eligible employees on the first of the month after 30 days of employment and include:
- Health, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA-available if enrolled in a high deductible plan)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & LPFSA)
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (DCRA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP-available if enrolled in Health plan)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% Company Paid Basic Life Insurance (if enrolled in Health plan)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness/Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Identity Protection Plan
- Legal Care Plan
- Pet Discount Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At MGA, we prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in both our organization and the communities we serve. We understand that DEI is crucial to our success as a healthcare company, allowing us to provide personalized care tailored to each patient's unique needs and preferences. Our belief is that everyone, regardless of their background or identity, deserves access to high-quality healthcare services. We respect and value the experiences, perspectives, and identities of all individuals, striving to create an environment where everyone can thrive. We are dedicated to attracting, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve, without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.